t | 01625 532083
Tel: 01275 877743
-Provides Montessori Method of Education
-Open hours of 8.00am to 5.00pm
-Accept childcare vouchers
-Freshly cooked meals
-Registered for government funding for 2, 3, and 4 year olds
-Morning and afternoon snacks provided
-Age group 2- 5 years
- Has fully qualified Montessori trained teachers and Montessori students. The Principal is also qualified as a Montessori Teacher Trainer.
- A Special Responsibility Teacher system where one teacher is responsible for the record keeping, planning and liaison with the family of specific children.
- Is fully resourced with Montessori equipment which covers all the requirements to fully cover the Foundation Stage curriculum and beyond.
- Has ‘parent conferences’ termly to discuss children’s progress and share the children’s records and child profiles.
- Hold 'Parent Workshops' at least three times a year.
- Has ‘introductory sessions’ for new children to the school to ease the transition from home to Montessori School.
- Has an end of summer term school concert
- Regular school trips
- Christmas, Easter and charity events for parents and children to attend
- Holds annual open evenings and regular open afternoons.
Health and Safety
The school's Health and Hygiene policies are comprehensive and strictly adhered to. There is an appointed Health and Safety officer and an appointed person for First Aid who checks the first aid materials inventory each term. All policies are well known to all staff who treat them as 'living documents'.
A 'No Smoking' policy is in place throughout the school, including the outside area.
We are effective in helping children to be healthy by operating a strict system of monitoring children's illnesses and adherence to the school's policies. Incubation and quarantine times for illnesses are strictly adhered to at all times. A Public Health England check list is kept on the legal notice board in the school hall and is referred to whenever needed.
We have standard medical forms for parents to give permission for us to administer medicines for chronic conditions and a medicine book to be signed when medicine has been given on the parents' written instructions.
If a child has an accident in school, a report is written and a copy given to the parents the same day.
The school's policies on safety are comprehensive, strictly adhered to and reviewed annually. The supporting paperwork is fully established into working practice; these include the use of a visitor's book and school security such as front gates kept closed at all times.